Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Draft Projections

I will break down where and when FSU players are projected to go in this weekends draft. I'll list them as I think that they are expected to come off the board.

First off the board for the Seminoles will obviously be DE Everette Brown. Brown has been projected from as high as 5th overall to 18th in the first round. ESPN's Todd McShay and Mel Kiper Jr's latest mock drafts both have Brown projected 18th to Denver (Surprised they both can actually agree on something). Pat Kirwan of NFL.com has him projected as 13th to the Redskins. I do think that Brown will go higher than 18 but not to the Redskins because I think that Dan Snyder really likes Mark Sanchez and will try to trade up to get him if he doesn't go to Seattle at five. 
I think I am going to go out on a limb and project Brown to go 9th overall to the Packers. Green Bay is in the process of putting in a 3-4 defense and I do think that Brown could be that pass rushing end in that scheme as well as drop into coverage as a linebacker. Either way wherever Brown ends up going, that team will be getting not only a talented DE, but a great guy off the field.

Tomorrow I will project who will be the second 'Nole off the board this weekend. Disagree with my projection? Comment below and we can battle it out McShay and Kiper style.

3 comments:

  1. I am amazed that Brown has fell that far. All early indications were around the 10th pick, now he is going behind Jackson, Ayers and Maybin. I just don't agree that those three fit a teams need or are better than EB is.

    I do hope however, that he falls to Tampa.

    And I do disagree with your prediction..... Everette Brown will be the second Nole taken. The first? Drew Weatherford. I heard the Rams are pretty interested with the 2nd pick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How Could I have overlooked Weatherford!

    Peter King of Sports Illustrated doesn't even have EB in the first round of his mock draft. I don't see that happening and I don't see Tampa getting him, because there is no way Denver passes on him twice (Unless they try to get in the Mark Sanchez fiesta and trade up getting rid of one of their first round picks).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't get not putting EB in the first round. He was in the talk as the best ends in this draft along with Orakpo and Maybin. Now he isn't even in the discussion with Ayers and Jackson. Something had to arouse suspicion to some teams.

    ReplyDelete